Want to know where the Chief Digital Officer and Chief Data Officer jobs are?
Wondering what the experts are saying about the future for CDOs? Look no further.
While we do provide our own original research and forecasts on CDOs, below is a collection of recent reports and articles we’ve compiled over the last few months, showing wide-spread agreement among analysts and industry pundits regarding the increased global demand for Chief Digital Officers, and the role’s continued viability.
With last week’s news of President Barack Obama hiring Jason Goldman as the White House’s first-ever Chief Digital Officer; the many CDOs mentioned in last week’s CDO Career Update; and from the continual additions to our dedicated Career page (we just added an open slot for a CIO at the CIA, and a CDO in the UK’s Business Information and Skills Dept); it is safe to say to that the forecasts are right on track.
So, don’t just take our word for it. We’ve been way ahead of the curve on this, tracking the trend since 2011. Its great to finally see industry-wide acceptance and validation from:
- Computerworld: Future-proof your IT career: 8 tech areas that will still be hot in 2020: “leadership positions emerging in this field are Chief Analytics Officer, Chief Data Officer, and Chief Digital Officer…”
- SAP: Digital Transformation: Top 10 Changes Through 2017: “The CDO will replace the CIO.”
- Korn Ferry’s Top 15 for 2015: The most in-demand C-level positions for the year ahead. (Chief Digital Officer is ranked #3).
- The Economic Times: Names the Chief Digital Officer as “one of the six highest paying job titles of 2015.”
- This follows a 2014 report by Mondo indicating that the Chief Digital Officer title topped the list of salaries for digital marketing professionals
- IDC Reveals CIO Agenda Predictions for 2015: “By 2020, 60% of CIOs in global organizations will be supplanted by the Chief Digital Officer (CDO).”
- Harvey Nash CIO Survey: “25% of large companies will have CDOs by 2017.”
While the mainstream is now finally catching up to the importance of the role, CDO Club founder David Mathison is taking it a step further, and will be keynoting on the upward career trajectory of the Chief Digital Officer during his presentation at the NYC CDO Summit on April 29, 2015.
His topic is: “The CDO Hall of Fame: CDOs who have become CEOs and Board Directors.”
As a reminder, every one of our previous CDO Summits has sold out, weeks in advance. The next NYC CDO Summit, presented by Capgemini and hosted at Thomson Reuters on April 29 2015, is just 4 weeks away.
And we are on track to selling out once again. As you may recall from our 2013 event, Thomson Reuters is a lovely facility, but seating is limited.
Don’t wait till the last minute to buy your ticket(s)!
Be sure to check out the dozens of open posts for Chief Digital Officers, Chief Data Officers, and other C-level digital and data positions on our dedicated career page.
I hope you enjoy the articles below. If we left anything out, be sure to mention it in the comments!.....
NOTE: The CDO Club is now a membership site. You’ll need to register in order to continue enjoying our posts. To register or for more information, click here.
If you are tasked with understanding what digital leaders must do in order to succeed in almost any industry, the best place to learn more is at the Chief Digital Officer Summit.
The CDO Summit is the “must-attend” digital event of the year. The 2013 and 2014 CDO Summits received stellar endorsements from dozens of speakers and attendees alike:
VP Executive Talent Acquisition
Managing Director, Digital Strategy/Editorial Director
Harvard Business Review
Chief Marketing Officer