“Arguably, advertising has always been about content and storytelling. It’s just that that story and its format, which was once a static 15 or print campaign, is actually now part of a larger interactivity ecosystem,” said Angela Wei, Managing Director at Agency (Milk Studios), and moderator at “The Consumer Journey: From Innovation to Activation” panel held at the 2014 CDO Summit at the Time Warner Center in New York City on April 23, 2014.
Wei was referring to the digital revolution that has taken over advertising, thanks to tools such as Twitter, Instagram, and memes, among others. “Are agencies ready for this content revolution?” she asked.
Participants included, from left to right:
- Angela Wei (Moderator): Managing Director at Agency (Milk Studios)
- Winston Binch: Partner/Chief Digital Officer at Deutsch LA
- Carl Fremont: Chief Digital Officer at MEC Global
- Babs Rangaiah: Vice President of Global Media Innovation and Ventures at Unilever
- Chick Foxgrover: Chief Digital Officer at The American Association of Advertising Agencies
- Chan Suh: Chief Digital Officer and Senior Partner at Prophet
View video below.....
NOTE: The CDO Club is now a membership site. You’ll need to register in order to continue enjoying our posts. To register or for more information, click here.
If you are tasked with understanding what digital leaders must do in order to succeed in almost any industry, the best place to learn more is at the Chief Digital Officer Summit.
The CDO Summit is the “must-attend” digital event of the year. The 2013 and 2014 CDO Summits received stellar endorsements from dozens of speakers and attendees alike:
VP Executive Talent Acquisition
Managing Director, Digital Strategy/Editorial Director
Harvard Business Review
Chief Marketing Officer