Did you know that the Harvard Business Review named the data scientist as “the sexiest job of the 21st century,” and that research firm Gartner predicted that 25% of organizations will have a Chief Data Officer by 2017?
I can’t comment on the opinion expressed by HBR, but judging by the pipeline of open Chief Data Officer roles (see below), Gartner’s forecast might actually be on target.
So, welcome to the inaugural issue of our CDO JOBS Update for Chief DATA Officers!
Similar to last week’s CDO JOBS Update for Chief DIGITAL Officers, this Update focuses on opportunities for Chief DATA Officers and includes the following features:
- Open Chief Data Officer jobs: See ten open slots below
- New Chief Data Officer appointments (Q4 2014): Includes placements at the Ford Motor Company, the City of San Diego, Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services, and Deutsche Bank, among others
- Chief Data Officer Movers and Shakers: Tom Schenk Jr. at the City of Chicago and Jeff Johnston at Tradedoubler
- Chief Data Officers In the News: Articles in the New York Times and Forbes, among others
EDITORS NOTE: See more recent CDO JOBS Updates below:
- Chief DIGITAL Officer JOBS Update (February 2015)
- Chief DIGITAL Officer JOBS Update (January 2015)
- Chief DIGITAL Officer JOBS Update (Q4 2014)
- Chief DATA Officer JOBS Update (February 2015)
- Chief DATA Officer JOBS Update (January 2015)
- Chief DATA Officer JOBS Update (Q4 2014)
Here’s a look at just a few of the open posts we’ve listed on our dedicated career page:
OPEN CHIEF DATA OFFICER JOBS:
In addition to the ten open Chief Data Officer slots mentioned below, our career page also lists dozens of open digital jobs, including four Chief Digital Officer jobs in Australia, Sweden, Switzerland, and England; and six SVP positions at Citi (x2), IPG, Turner, Hearst, and Oglivy.
We are also working on these for our Executive Search Partner Network: Head of Insights and Marketing Analytics; Vice President of Digital Ops; and Head of Web Strategy (“CDO Light”).
If you know of any qualified candidates, or have other open C-level digital positions, send them over so we can post them. Who knows? It may help one of your fellow CDO colleagues.
Learn more about these jobs and view more here.
View new Chief Data Officer appointments, movers and shakers and news articles below.....
NOTE: The CDO Club is now a membership site. You’ll need to register in order to continue enjoying our posts. To register or for more information, click here.
If you are tasked with understanding what digital leaders must do in order to succeed in almost any industry, the best place to learn more is at the Chief Digital Officer Summit.
The CDO Summit is the “must-attend” digital event of the year. The 2013 and 2014 CDO Summits received stellar endorsements from dozens of speakers and attendees alike:
VP Executive Talent Acquisition
Managing Director, Digital Strategy/Editorial Director
Harvard Business Review
Chief Marketing Officer